- KWS Extase came onto the market in 2019 and is the highest yielding Group 2 variety with excellent grain quality for the bread milling market.
- It has an excellent agronomic package with an untreated yield of 95% and a score of 8.1 for Septoria Tritici - the highest on the Recommend List.
- With the withdrawal of many key fungicides, especially the loss of chlorothalonil, choosing varieties with strong genetic resistance to key diseases is the vital for growers to get the most out of their crops.
- It is best drilled end of September onwards and has proved to be a good 2nd wheat.
- KWS Extase seed is going to be in short supply for the coming Autumn so please get in touch with the office if you are interested in growing some.
- For those with KWS Extase in the ground this season, farm-saving some of your own seed will be a good option providing the quality and germination is ok - please get in touch for details and prices.
- KWS Firefly was added to the Recommended List in 2019, topping the soft Group 3 varieties for both yield and grain quality with good demand from end users.
- Like KWS Extase, it has a fantastic disease profile with a rating of 7.0 for Septoria Tritici and an untreated yield of 84%.
- A very stiff-strawed variety and has OWBM resistance.
- It offers a wide drilling window from mid-September right up until the end of February and performs well as a 2nd wheat.
- KWS Firefly seed is going to be in short supply for the coming Autumn so please get in touch with the office if you are interested in growing some.
- For those with KWS Firefly in the ground this season, farm-saving some of your own seed will be a good option providing the quality and germination is ok - please get in touch for details and prices.
- We think LG Spotlight is one of the best 'all-rounder' wheat varieties, that offers growers consistently good yields with excellent grain quality for the soft-milling or distilling market.
- It has the highest HFN of the soft Group 3 sector of 288 and specific weight of 77.9 kg/hl.
- It performs best as a 1st wheat and can be drilled anytime from 25th September - End February giving growers a flexible drilling window.
- A new variety in 2019, LG Skyscraper remains the highest yielding variety of the soft Group 4 varieties.
- It is early to mature and has a good agronomics.
- It is relatively tall so best placed on less fertile sites or as a second wheat.
- Suited for drilling from 25th September - End of Jan, an ideal variety for those wanting to delay drilling for grass-weed control.
- A new variety for 2020 RGT Saki is a good addition to the soft Group 4 market alongside LG Skyscraper and LG Spotlight.
- It offers excellent yields with a solid disease package with a rating of 6.8 for Septoria Tritici and an impressive untreated yield of 86%.
- It is a stiff-strawed variety and slightly later to mature, a useful tool to spread workload at harvest.
- It performs well in the 2nd wheat slot and can be drilled from mid-September up to the end January.
- Gleam was new to the Recommended List in 2018 and remains an excellent yielder on all soil types.
- It has a solid agronomic profile, scoring a 6.3 for Septoria Tritici and is relatively early to mature.
- Gleam is one of the most versatile wheats on the market, performing well as both a 1st and 2nd wheat and a wide drilling window from 1st September - End February.
- It is the most popular Group 4 hard variety and well worth a try for growers wanting to put a new variety in the ground for harvest 2021!